Roasted Poblano Ginger Margarita
Presented by My Tequila House
- 1 1/2 oz. ginger-infused tequila reposado*
- 1/2 oz. elderflower liqueur
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. agave nectar (or syrup)
- 1/4 oz. Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur
- Hibiscus salt (available commercially) to rim glass
- 5 julienne-cut slices fresh roasted poblano pepper
Pour tequila, elderflower liqueur, lime juice, agave, and chili liqueur into a shaker with ice. Cover and shake vigorously. Strain over fresh ice in a serving glass rimmed in hibiscus salt. Place roasted poblano slices atop drink. Serve immediately.
*Pour your favorite brand of tequila reposado into a 1-quart Mason jar (or similar sealable glass jar), add 2 1-inch pieces of peeled ginger root, seal tightly, and store at room temperature out of direct sunlight for 1 week. Taste periodically to assess flavor. When satisfied, remove ginger and enjoy.
Share This Article
As seen in the Winter/Spring 2019 Issue
Click to Visit Our Advertisers