Presented by deLorenzo’s Italian Restaurant
- 2 lbs. veal cutlets, cut in 4 oz. pieces
- Oil for frying
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- 2-4 cups fresh arugula or mixed baby greens
- 4 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 T black pepper
- Salt to taste
Note: Add grated cheese and taste before salting
- 4-6 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt, or to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mix breading ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg wash ingredients. Dip cutlets in the egg wash, then dredge in the breading mixture and set aside.
Make the vinaigrette by whisking together the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, mustard and fine sea salt in a small bowl. Continue whisking until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Whisking constantly, slowly add the oil until the dressing is well blended. Season with pepper as desired and set the dressing aside.
Heat the frying oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot, fry the veal until golden brown on each side. Remove cutlets from pan and blot with paper towels to remove excess grease. Place cutlets on serving platter or divide among four plates. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on veal. Top cutlets with the arugula or mixed greens and drizzle with lemon vinaigrette. Serve immediately.