Red Wine Caesar Dressing
Presented by Folino Estate
- 1/4 cup red wine, preferably Folino Estate Merlot
- 1 T chopped anchovies
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
Pour red wine in a small pan and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce to low heat and simmer until volume is reduced by half. Cool to room temperature.
Puree anchovies, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and cracked pepper. In a mixing bowl, combine the puree with Parmesan cheese, red wine vinegar, mayonnaise, and red wine reduction. Stir until well blended and season with salt and pepper as desired.
Serve immediately or refrigerate to use later.
Yields about 1 1/2 pints