Ragu Al DoroMeris Resources2018-01-08T16:03:13-05:00
Ragu Al Doro
Presented by Stefano’s Restaurant
- 1 whole “chef’s cut” tenderloin chain, about 1 1/2 lb.*
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup demi-glace, homemade or commercially prepared
- 1/2 cup peeled plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pasta for serving
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade or chopped
In a sauté pan, sear the chain on all sides.
Combine the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, demi-glace, tomatoes, and water in a large pot or Dutch oven. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chain, cover, and cook on low to medium-low heat for 6 hours.
Transfer chain to a cutting surface and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Shred the meat and remove any tendons or fat not dissolved in cooking. Stir shredded meat into the ragu and warm through.
Serve with pasta of choice—the chef recommends a wide, flat noodle such as pappardelle—and garnish with pecorino and fresh basil.