Presented by Melt
- 4 oz. penne pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 oz. chicken, marinated
- 1/2 cup (2oz.) zucchini, quartered and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup (2oz.) mixed wild mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 T white wine
- 8 oz. cream base (1 qt. cream and 1/2 lb., mascarpone, brought to a boil and blended)
- 1 T Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 T butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Drop pasta in salted boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
In a medium sauté pan add olive oil on medium high heat. Sauté chicken with salt and pepper. When chicken is halfway cooked (opaque color), add zucchini and continue to sauté. Add sage and the cooked mushrooms. Deglaze with white wine, then add the cream base. Add cheese and butter; season to taste. Add the cooked pasta, toss together and serve.