Presented by Sette Luna
- 2 T + 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 4-6 small cherry tomatoes, cut in half*
- 1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- Handful of baby arugula or basil, your choice
- 1/4 lb. dry bucatini pasta, cooked al dente and drained**
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
*If available use small heirlooms such as Sweet 100, Baby Roma or similar tomatoes.
**Reserve 2-4 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water.
Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook gently until garlic is soft but not browned. Add tomatoes to pan and sprinkle with sugar. (The sugar heightens the sweetness of the tomatoes while cutting the acidity.) Cook 5 to 8 minutes until tomatoes release their juices. Add pasta to pan along with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and some of the reserved cooking water if mixture appears too dry. Toss in baby arugula or basil until wilted. Season with sea salt and pepper. Plate and top with grated cheese to taste.
Share This Article
As seen in the Summer/Fall 2016 Issue
Click to Visit Our Advertisers