Presented by deLorenzo’s Italian Restaurant
- 12 oz. of your favorite pasta
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1/3 cup sliced or chopped zucchini
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped + 2 additional slices?(optional garnish)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1-2 T butter
- 1-1 1/2 light cream
- 1 clove minced garlic, or to taste (optional)
- 3-4 T grated Parmesan (or to taste)
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
Cook pasta according to package directions and reserve. Sauté mushroom, peas and zucchini and reserve. Using a large skillet, sauté pancetta in olive oil. (If using as a garnish, remove one-third of the pancetta and reserve.) Add butter to pan. When melted, stir in cream. Add Parmesan gradually, using a whisk to prevent lumps. Simmer gently, stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly and sticks to spoon. Be careful not to burn! Toss sauce with pasta and add vegetables mixture, then fold in spinach. Divide between serving dishes; top with reserved pancetta if using.
The restaurant serves this amount as one extra-generous portion.