Fettuccine Con Funghi
Presented by Sette Luna
- 1 pound fresh or dried fettuccine
- 8 oz. ground sausage
- 4 shallots minced
- 2 cups mixed wild mushrooms cut into similar sizes (Shiitake, Oyster, Chanterelles)
- 1 T chopped Fresh Herbs (Thyme, Rosemary, Sage)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 2 cups Beef Stock or any fresh stock you might have
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a 14″ sauté pan over medium high heat brown the mushrooms. Add the sausage and brown one side, add shallots and herbs, cook gently for 3 minutes to soften shallots. Pour in Marsala wine, cook for 2 minutes and add stock.
At this point put fettuccine in water and cook according to directions.
After stock has reduced by a third add enough of the grated cheese to thicken the sauce and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Add cooked fettuccine and toss to coat the pasta, put into serving bowls and top with goat cheese.