Presented by deLorenzo’s Italian Restaurant
- 8 oz. sliced calamari
- Balsamic glaze (reduction), to taste (homemade or commercial)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/2 cup sliced hot cherry peppers
- 1/4 cup clam juice
- Touch of hot pepper juice
For the calamari: Combine breading mix ingredients and toss with calamari to coat. Deep fry calamari until golden (350°F for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, working in batches as needed). Drain calamari and set aside.
For the sauce: Sauté capers and peppers in olive oil, stir in clam juice and hot pepper juice. Cook until heated thoroughly and liquid is reduced slightly.
To serve: Plate fried calamari as desired and pour sauce over the top. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.