Maple Walnut Old Fashioned
Presented by blue grillhouse
- 2 oz. Hudson Maple Cask Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 oz. Maple Cinnamon Demerara Syrup (below)
- 1/2 oz. Luxardo cherry syrup
- 2 dashes black walnut bitters
- 1 each, lemon and orange twist
MAPLE CINNAMON DEMERARA SYRUP:
- 8 oz. maple sugar
- 4 oz. Demerara sugar
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 cups water
Using a mixing glass, combine the rye, Demerara syrup, cherry syrup, and black walnut bitters. Fill with ice and stir for 60 seconds. In a 10-ounce rocks glass, add 1 large ice cube, then strain the mixed cocktail over the cube. Garnish with lemon and orange twist.
To make Maple Cinnamon Demerara Syrup (yields 2 cups):
In a heavy bottomed pot, combine all the ingredients together. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook until the sugars are dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool before use.
Store in the fridge.