Presented by Griddle 145
- 1 ciabatta roll, sliced lengthwise and toasted (or use Cuban or French bread)
- Garlic aioli, to taste (preferably homemade)
- Yellow mustard (or your preference), to taste
- 2-oz. slice smoked ham
- 4 oz. mojo-marinated roasted pork, sliced or shredded*
- Pickle slices, your preference
- 2-oz. slice Swiss cheese
*Mojo marinade, a robustly flavorsome Cuban specialty made with orange juice (traditionally from bitter/sour oranges, also known as Seville oranges), garlic, and other seasonings, can easily be made from scratch. However, commercially prepared varieties are also available.
Spread one side of roll with garlic aioli and the other with mustard. Set aside.
Heat ham and pork side by side in a skillet. Place pork on ham, top with pickle slices and cheese slice and continue warming until cheese starts to melt. Transfer stacked sandwich filling to roll and enjoy immediately.
Note: This can also be prepared with a panini maker or sandwich press.