Blackberry Tom Collins
Presented by The Sweet Spot
- 2 oz. Bombay Sapphire (or your favorite premium gin)
- 4 oz. lemonade
- 2 T blackberry simple syrup (see right)
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- Fresh blackberries for garnish
- Fresh lime wedge for garnish
Fill Collins glass with ice and set aside. Pour gin, lemonade, blackberry simple syrup, and lime juice into shaker glass with ice, cover, and shake vigorously. Strain into Collins glass and garnish with fresh blackberries and lime wedge. Add a straw and start sipping.
blackberry simple syrup:
- 1 cup fresh blackberry puree
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan, mix thoroughly, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from cooktop; cool to room temperature. Transfer to a bottle and store in the fridge. Use to flavor a variety of drinks or pour over ice cream and other desserts.