• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup chopped onions
• 2 cups mushroom mix, sliced: cremini, oyster, portabella, chiodini
• 1 lb. tagliatelle (preferably fresh pasta)
• 6 oz. Folino Estate Chardonnay
• Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
• Salt to taste
• 6 oz. béchamel (white sauce)
• 1/2 cup + 1/4 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley + more for garnish
In a large sauté pan, warm olive oil and chopped onions over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
Meanwhile, cook tagliatelle to desired doneness in a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water. Drain, cover, and set aside.
Add wine, salt, and crushed red peppers to the mushrooms and bring to a simmer. Stir in béchamel and 1/2 cup Parmesan, return to a simmer, and add parsley to the sauce. Put tagliatelle in the pan and toss. Add remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and toss lightly.
Divide mixture among serving bowls. Sprinkle each with a small amount of Parmesan and top with parsley.