• 1 lb. monkfish fillet
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Flour for dredging
• Oil for pan
• 6 oz. heavy cream
• 1 small butternut squash, split, roasted, & mashed (about 3/4 cup)
• 1 cup sliced Swiss chard or spinach
• 2 oz. honey
• 1/4 t cumin
• 1/2 lb. cavatappi pasta, cooked*
• Grated Parmesan for garnish
• Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
*Substitute rotini, penne or bow-tie pasta as desired.
Slice monkfish fillet thinly into 3- to 4-ounce medallions, season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Place monkfish in a hot skillet lightly coated in oil. Sauté for 1 minute or until lightly browned, turn over and brown the other side. Transfer monkfish to a baking pan and finish briefly in a 300°F oven. Meanwhile, add Swiss chard, butternut squash, honey and heavy cream to hot pan and stir until thick and smooth. Add pasta and stir until hot. Divide pasta between bowls, top with monkfish medallions and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.